A Proud History of Working the Great North Woods
“One of the things we needed was insurance for the logging industry. What better way to get the insurance that we need than to help design the American Loggers Insurance Program. American Loggers Insurance Program, written through your local agent, is cost-effective, controls losses and really encourages safety. It works for us.” – Rudy Pelletier
About the Pelletiers:
Gerald Pelletier Inc and Pelletier Brothers Inc. have represented true logging spirit by working the great north woods for three generations. Representing the American blue collar spirit, the Pelletiers are but one of many proud loggers who still put in an honest days work and make their living off the land. With principles rooted in strong family values, stewardship of the land, and good old fashioned yankee effort, the Pelletiers continue today the company founded by Gerald Pelletier in 1976.
Pelletier Logging Facts:
- Pelletier Brothers, Inc. harvests nearly 200,000 cords of wood per year in the vast wooded area of northwestern Maine called the North Maine Woods.
- Pelletier Brothers mainly deal with Spruce, Fir, some Cedar, Pine, Hemlock and a variety of other hardwoods destined for mills and stockyards in Maine and Canada.
- Using a variety of heavy machinery and foresting equipment Pelletier Brothers maintains over 200 miles of private roads and bridges year round.
- Pelletier Brothers operates out of two main base camps – one large site at Fifth Saint John Pond in western Maine and a smaller operation in the Telos area near the Allagash Waterway. The corporate offices are located at the beginning of the Golden Road in Millinocket, Maine.
- Pelletier Brothers, Inc. employees are well trained to care for the North Maine Woods. Many are Certified Logging Professionals (CPL) and the company is part of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), as well as a member of the Maine Forest Products Council and the Professional Logging Contractors of Maine.